3.07.2012

lady's pride



I want to share with you my favorite bag. It is vintage, it comes in all the colors and floral patterns you could ever imagine, and it's a convertible. Let me introduce to you the Lady's Pride shopping tote:



It's a purse. It's a diaper bag! It's got beautiful tortoise shell lucite handles and matches my "signature" turquoise shoes perfectly!  But how can it be short, and then tall, and then short again?


Because it folds and it's got SNAPS!



When I found this bag a few years ago at the vintage shop around the corner, I was in love. It only occurred to me recently, as the interior of this bag has gotten a little crispy and deserves some repair work, that there might be more of these Lady's Pride totes out there.


Well, they are out there, and they can be had for a song from sellers on Ebay and Etsy. I recently scored these two beauties very cheaply:




+ and +



One day, about a month ago, I was touring my way around the internet, killing time while nursing Oliver, and I came across this post at muchomuchobuenobueno, about a trip to a fabulous vintage store in Houston called Replay on 19th Street. Pictured in this post was a GIANT WALL of Lady's Pride totes! A few weeks later, I still couldn't stop thinking about this pink number, and called to order it. Lucky me, they went against their usual policy and mailed it to me! It's my new number one bag, until I repair the green one.




By the way, they are the perfect, PERFECT size for a laptop, a power cord, and a magazine all at once, should you need one more reason to go find one for yourself!





10 comments:

  1. Very cool! I love how colorful they are!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! You don't see prints like that these days!

      Delete
  2. Love the bag and shoe shots!!! Such practical basic design with fun patterns! I'd love to make smething like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that convertible snapping idea should be applicable to other things, too! Snaps are awesome.

      Delete
  3. I love how you matched all of your bags to your shoes! I really think I will need one or two of these bags. So very, very handy and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, styling is NOT my thing, but I gave it a whirl. You should go grab some for sure! I think I got the black ones for less than $12 each! One is great quality, one is alright. Go for it!

      Delete
  4. These are great! I often like to carry a tote in addition to my purse to hold a magazine, clipboard or folder. These are perfect.

    I like the styling too...you've got some great shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tania. Like I always say, shoes are the one thing I can't grow out of! ;)

      Delete
  5. I love Lady's Pride bags & I don't find them in thrift shops as often as I used to, but whey I do I'm always thrilled. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know someone adores them as much as I do!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...